Seeking life wherever it is expressed.

Religion

The Lost Commission – The Transformation of your Mind

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matt.28:19-20

These were the words, referred to as the “Great Commission” spoken by Jesus to his apostles. These men had been his disciples, his personal students for 3+ years. It was with these men that Jesus lived and talked with daily; and it was to these men that he gave the secrets of the Kingdom, too.  “The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables Mark 4:11.   But what about the common man? What about the man who reads and still hears parables? what is his, I mean, our “Commission”?

Therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God. Rom.12:1-2

These are the words written by the Apostle Paul to the young church in Rome; but what did they mean to them, and what do they point to for us today?   How does transformation take place and what is mind renewal?   What is the difference between being conformed and being transformed? What is spiritual worship and how does one present your body as a living sacrifice?  Paul writes these words to a city that years later would be seeing Christians offered to the lions and people would be literally living sacrifices. I can only imagine that the the commission Paul lays out here is what prepared and enabled those men and women of the future to be able to do what they did. The sacrifice of those men and women change a nation and the world. What was it they did to prepare for that day?

present your bodies as a living sacrificePaul first addresses the state of the physical body and the all physical scenes to be offered up fully alive and operational but in a state of sacrifice i.e offering.  Offering means “to give”; its a state of being “given too” as one might give himself in marriage or give himself to training for a certain task .

holy and pleasing to God – Holy means to be “set apart”  this being a state that is fully acceptable to God.

Here we see a person in a physical body who has set aside that physical body, mind, and, emotions and is fully committed to train and do whatever is necessarily to accomplish the task.

this is your spiritual worship –   λογικός, ή, όν –  logikos, logical and means divine reason . and the word worship is the idea of divine service – so it could read your Divine Logical service.  Or the Service that will transform logic into the Divine.

Here Paul goes with a negative a “WHAT NOT TO DO”

Do not be conformed to this age

Conformed – συσχηματίζω suschématizó; means “having an outward shape”  – to conform oneself (i. e. one’s mind and character) to another’s pattern.  In other words don’t try to be like someone else.   Paul talks about this further in a letter to the baby Christians in Corinth when he says:  What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas”; still another, “I follow Christ.”…..For when one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not mere men? What then is Apollos? And what is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, even as the Lord gave opportunity to each one. I planted, Apollos watered, but God was causing the growth. So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but God who causes the growth. 

Paul and Apollos and any man cannot cause growth.  At best a man can point you toward the answer within and at worst he can give you a teaching, law, doctrine, practice or anything the natural mind can see, mimic and conform to.  Idolatry was the #1 enemy of God throughout the writings of the Old Testament. An Idol is any fixed image, idea, teaching or philosophy that the mind can identify, break apart to study and conform to.  Idolatry was the hardest thing for Israel to let go of and today is no different. We might not worship statues made by human hands that much, but, we do worship i.e. serve doctrines, teachings, concepts and traditions taught by men in the place of the Living indwelling Christ.

As I see it, the biggest hindrance to the kingdom of God being on earth is not those who would speak against Jesus Christ but those that would Idolize Him. What do I mean by that?  I mean those that would take and turn Christ, the Living Word of God into a book or story  to be studied, memorized, worshiped and finally conformed to.  The Transformation of a Mind does not take place by learning about Jesus Christ, the Transformation of a mind takes place in KNOWING CHRIST THE LIFE WITHIN YOU.

be transformed by the renewing of your mind – 

Transformed is the Greek word  μεταμορφόω : metamorphoó – 3339 metamorphóō (from 3326 /metá, “change after being with” and 3445 /morphóō, “changing form in keeping with inner reality”)

In other words Transformation takes place by BEING WITH THAT REALITY THAT IS IN YOU!

This is the very essence of Meditation and the practice of Being Still. This is what others have called Union with God and the Practice of his Presence.

The Renewing is the process of making that which is, new again and the Mind is:  the comprising alike the faculties of perceiving and understanding and those of feeling, judging, determining; hence, specifically,  the intellective faculty, the understanding: (Strong’s Conc)

A Mind made New so it can perceive, understand and feel God to the capacity it was created to.  A Mind no longer perceiving its nakedness as shame but a mind freed from the conditioning of Idol thoughts to a New Mind metamorphosed into the instrument of the Divine.

so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God

How many times have I heard people pray to know what God’s will is and yet I can’t recall ever having heard anyone ask or pray about how they could have their mind renewed.  People want the ability to know God’s will but are often unwilling or more often are simply ignorant to the process and work of mind renewal.

For those who live according to the flesh think about the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, about the things of the Spirit.  For the mind-set of the flesh is death, but the mind-set of the Spirit is life and peace.  For the mind-set of the flesh is hostile to God because it does not submit itself to God’s law, for it is unable to do so.  Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.  You, however, are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, since the Spirit of God lives in you. Rom.8:5-9 

How happy is the man who does not follow the advice of the wicked or take the path of sinners or join a group of mockers!   Instead, his delight is in the Lord’s instruction,
and he meditates on it day and night. Ps.1:1-2

But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; Jn.16:13

“This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time,” declares the LORD. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. Jer.31:33

And Finally more of Paul’s words describing this process of Mind renewal  in another way. A way in which we all can relate to:  When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 1Cor.13:11.  A childish mind is not a wrong, evil or bad mind it is simply an ignorant childish one.

The kingdom of God is within you and yet we seem to think that the answers to our life is found in holy books or the teachings of men.  Inside of us all is a treasure that is waiting to be found and explored, a Christ that wants to be known.  As the scriptures says, “Be still and know that I am God”. The practice of stillness seems to be a lost one among those who take the title Christian.  They take a name and try to take a commission that is not theirs. Going into all the world without first being transformed is the same as going into battle crippled, blind, deaf, dumb and without one weapon.  You want to take up the Great Commission then first present your bodies for sacrifice and your minds for transformation.  How do you plan to teach people about knowing God’s will when you yourself have not gone through the process necessary to know it.  Moses prepared 40 years in a very quite dessert. Jesus was unheard of from 12 to 30 as he prepared; and Paul 15 years in obscurity going through this practice of stillness and meditation, experiencing the third heaven and having his mind made new and his life transformed.  It is only through face to face intimacy that any of us can ever express the light needed to cause the darkness to flee.  The practice of meditation is not the answer; it is simple a means by which you can discover for yourself what God has written on your heart.  As Paul wrote:

You are our letter, written in our hearts, known and read by all men; being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.  Such confidence we have through Christ toward God. Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God, who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 2Cor.3:2-6

If God’s will is to be done on earth as it is in heaven then it will take men and women who are willing to take the time and effort to discover the reality that lies within them.  It will take time in desserts to find the wonderful secrets that have been written down in their own hearts.  It will take individual people who want to know God as they are known by God and it will take the brave who are willing to lay down their idols and search for what they do not yet know.  Before the Great Commission comes this, the Commission you don’t usually hear about: it’s the One where you have to go outside the gate.

Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people through His own blood, suffered outside the gate. So, let us go out to Him outside the camp, bearing His reproach. For here we do not have a lasting city, but we are seeking the city which is to come. Heb.13:12-14

Its lonely outside the place where you grew up.  No family, no church friends; just the rejects of where you came from.  Can you leave your physical, religious, political, educational and spiritual home to discover the truth within you?   Can you leave all that you have known to be truth, to stand naked face to face with a God you don’t really know but want to?   Maybe this will give you a little different understanding of the words  spoken so long ago that said:

How narrow is the gate and difficult the road that leads to life, and few find it. Matt.7:14

the earth and all of creation hopes you find it!

Advertisements

We all should be like the Prodigal Son

Growing up in church whenever I heard the story of the prodigal son it always seem to be told from the perspective of someone who strayed away from the Lord and then comes back. I don’t know how many parents I have heard hold onto that story as hope for their children who grew up in church and then left it. Now the Parable Jesus told that we title “The Prodigal Son” is one of my favorite parables. I could probably speak a different message from this parable for a whole year. The beauty of the Parables of Jesus is that they don’t have only one meaning but many depending on what you are conscience of and what you are able to see. So here goes another perspective.

The story is found in Luke 15:11-32
 It starts with “A man had two sons “. We begin with three people, a Father and two brothers one older one younger. The younger one asks the Father for what he has coming to him, his inheritance and with his inheritance in hand he goes and travels to a distant country.
Anyone familiar with the Old Testament should recognize immediately the motif here. Abraham left home to search for God, Jacob left home in search of God, Joseph leaves home in search of God, Moses leaves home in search of God. Jesus left home and went into the wilderness to be tested by God, Paul leaves home for Arabia to discover God. The idea of leaving home goes all the way back to Adam who is sent out of the garden of Eden to discover……….

When you leave home you are leaving what you “know” or think you know to go to the unknown.

Whenever someone goes in search of God he is headed to the unknown.
By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. Heb.11:8
The story continues by describing the living style of this younger son as simply foolish and wasteful. After this wasteful living a famine strikes and this young son finds himself so hungry that he begins to crave the waste food given to the pigs but no one would even give him that.
The next statement is the big one here – the scriptures say “ When he came to his senses” The Greek word here is ἑαυτοῦ “heautou” and it means “himself” HE CAME TO HIMSELF who he really is and always was.

Self discovery is not about discovering yourself apart from the whole but discovering that you are part of the whole and always have been.


Wither it be Abraham, Moses and even Jesus each one when they leave home they return with a knowledge of God yes, but that knowledge is one with the knowledge of who they really are. After Jesus Baptism and wilderness testing he returns home and enters the synagog and reads Isaiah’s description of the Messiah and Jesus says “Today this scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing” (Lk.4:21). To leave home, go to an unknown place and return home is the story of all those who seek God’s kingdom, who seek the reality of what is.

Back to the story – He comes to himself and says “’How many of my father’s hired hands have more than enough food, and here I am dying of hunger! I’ll get up, go to my father, and say to him, Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight. I’m no longer worthy to be called your son. Make me like one of your hired hands.’So he got up and went to his father.” This son sees for the first time the love of his Father – He always had know the facts of what his Father did but he hand not known the reality of the wholeness that he had with his Father. When stripped of everything he was able to see what things really were and how his Father had been a vital part of his life that he could not longer deny or be without.
So the younger son begins his return home, the same person but no longer foolish and wasteful but one who has gained understanding about himself his Father and the wholeness of life. He left a young boy but was retuning a mature man.

It was not only the son who could no longer live without the Father but the Father also did not relish life without his Son. As this younger Son is still finding his way back the Father runs to meet him and it says he was filled with compassion this is the experience of complete empathy where you feel what the other feels and like magnets you are drawn together to form the whole that is so needed in that moment.
The younger son realizes he is not worthy or equal to his Father.

You see Oneness is not about equality its about unity, wholeness, community.


From the smallest to the greatest everything and everyone is needed and wanted. Nothing is left out, nothing is wasted everything has a purpose and need.
Of Jesus it is said: “who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name,” Phil.2:6,8,9

The response of the Father to his younger son was “this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found!’ So they began to celebrate. The comparison of the Prodigal to Jesus is too rich, Here is a story of revelation, growth, wholeness and love. This from a man who left everything he knew only to discover the riches he had always had but never realized. In order to know the glories of light you must experience the depth of darkness all of it is needed and for your own good. God did not cast Adam out of Eden as a punishment he did it so Adam could discover what he needed to see and understand and then return to the wholeness that is. The choice to walk down the path of good and evil is a choice to walk down the path of what is good and worthy what is bad and waste.
Back to the story, Now the older brother over these years had been working even slaving away for his Father. Sacrificing his fun to do work for his Father, he never disobeyed any of his Fathers laws. He was the most righteous of all men. He was returning from work when he heard a celebration of music and dancing so he asks one of the servants what was happening and was told that his younger brother had returned and his Father had slaughtered the best cow he had for a feast. At this the older brother became enraged and would not be a part of the celebration.
Ego is a powerful creation of man’s fleshly mind. Ego creates an understanding of the way things are and should be. When things are not as they should be Ego raises its head, and with a hissing sound declares itself to be Lord and judge of what is happening. Ego considers itself to be equal with God to be equal with Life itself. You see Life is God’s creation and the Ego is man’s creation. Life display’s what is and Ego redefines what it wants it to be and declares what it should be and shouldn’t be with no regard for what actually is.

Back to the story – Just as the Father had gone to meet his younger son the Father goes to meet his elder son. The scripture says he” pleaded with him” but instead of the elder son coming to his scenes or coming to “himself” he lets his Ego speak and the Ego lays out what is ‘Look, I have been slaving many years for you, and I have never disobeyed your orders, yet you never gave me a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. But when this son of yours came, who has devoured your assets with prostitutes, you slaughtered the fattened calf for him.’
Ego does not operate in the world of wholeness it has no place or purpose for darkness that Life has. Life does not look at the assets wasted on prostitutes but as a necessary event of the less honorable. And the parts we regard as less honorable are those we clothe with the greatest care. So we carefully protect those parts that should not be seen 1Cor.12:23

In the world of the Ego there is much waste and much that is unwanted. Equality not unity is what the Ego desires. Sacrifice not love is Ego’s action. Law is Ego’s way not Life – Law is what you follow and as long as you don’t break it you are good. The Law declares that home is the place you are to be so you could never leave it like the younger son did. The Ego earns everything it has where life accepts everything it is given. In wholeness and unity its not about earning its about living life together realizing that each part is important and needed and when one is lost or hurt we all suffer and when one is found we all celebrate. If life where about earning then the bigger and stronger parts could get more than they even need leaving the smaller, weaker parts of the whole without and in fear of death. If the weaker parts die off then what would happen to the whole?

Back to the story – The Father then replies to his elder son “ ‘Son,’he said to him, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. But we had to celebrate and rejoice, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ ”
The Ego is incapable of accepting something undeserved in its own estimation. The reality of love and wholeness is not able to be seen in the world of good and evil, black and white, God and Satan – the world of the Ego.

Life sees purpose in everything

the Ego only sees purpose in good, white and God. The Ego is separated from life itself because it dissects life and takes the parts it wants and leaves the parts it does not deem worthy. The Ego comes up to you and says I like your hair, your eyes, your chin, your waistline and your feet but the rest needs to go and walla you are a clump of hair with eyes,chin, waist and feet dead on the ground because although Ego, with its lack of wisdom and understanding did not like the other parts they were necessary to sustain your life here on earth.

You see in the parable of the prodigal son the elder brother is left outside the party not because he is bad but because Ego will never be at the party. The Ego, your minds creation is what has to die in order for you to come to yourself and be who you always have been but were not allowed by Ego’s orders. Ego calls you a sinner and undeserving of your Father’s love. But the Life of your Father within you sees you as the needed part you are. He does not think as Ego does in division and unworthy waste. In Life all is needed all have a part.

Men with Ego’s have titled this story the “Prodigal Son” even though Jesus only called him the younger brother. Ego’s will attack what it deems unworthy and unnecessary. Are you willing to walk down the path of unworthiness? The Prodigal Son left home and discovered who he was and what the meaning of Life is. Are you willing to be a Prodigal Son to the Ego’s of the world and a younger brother to Christ?


The Misunderstood “Word of God”

What I find to be One of the most misunderstood phrases among Christians today is

“The Word of God”

For so many Christians today this phrase has come to mean “The Bible”

The Word of God = The Bible

When Paul writes in 2 Tim.4:2 preach the word; be urgent in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.

The Christian ear hears “preach the Bible; be urgent…..”

Is this what Paul was saying? I guess he could of just said: “preach my letter” since that is what people do today and its what they in practice think Paul was saying.

The Apostle John seem to have a different view of the “Word” than many have today when he starts his gospel off with;
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Can we really say: In the beginning was the Bible, and the Bible was with God, and the Bible was God.

Most Christians would say “NO” with their mouth yet in their practice would agree with the above interpretation.

The author of The letter to the Hebrews wrote:
Heb.4:12-13 For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and quick to discern the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and laid open before the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

Living, Active and has Sight


Are these words descriptive of anything written down?

Paul writes in his letter to the saints in Corinth:
2Cor.3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of a new covenant; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

How does the letter kill?
A letter is a description of something living but it in itself is not alive. A letter like a picture can capture a moment in life, freeze it or as Paul says “Kill it”. Life is ever moving, ever changing it is only the dead that remain exactly the same.

So what is the Bible then?
It is a letter recording God’s words to different men, peoples and nations. It records the thoughts of different men who had a revelation of God. It is a record of life, frozen in time, but all this letter can do is nothing more than “bear witness” to the Word of God.

As John has recorded and the Author of Hebrews records the Word of God is not something written or something that can be contained but is a living being. John says: John 1:14 “And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us (and we beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father), full of grace and truth.” and the author of Hebrews says: Heb 12:13 And there is no creature that is not manifest in his sight.

This “Word of God” that Paul, John and all the men of God speak of is the living Christ within you.

It was the Bereans who heard Paul speak the “Word of God” and after they heard the word preached they went to the scriptures to see if it was so.

Acts 17:11 Now these were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of the mind, examining the Scriptures daily, whether these things were so.

So I ask you, see if these things are so! Every time you see the “Word” mentioned in the scriptures replace it with “Bible” and see if it rings true to you. After that replace the “Word” with “Christ” and read it seeing if it rings true to your Spirit.

I say all this not to put the Bible down but to raise Christ up. Biblical knowledge is not a bad thing but if it replaces a living relationship with Christ then it has become a hindrance and an idol. You don’t need the Bible to hear Christ speak.

The Bible should never replace Christ in being the voice that leads and guides you.


Go and hear the word of God then after you hear God speak go to the Bible to see if what you have heard is so.

Jesus said: You pore over the Scriptures because you think you have eternal life in them, yet they testify about Me. And you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life. Jn.5:39-40

Lastly – How does one hear the Word of God?

Ps.46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God. Still the chatter in your mind, still your thoughts and allow the still small voice of Christ to be heard within you!

There is a lot more that could be said on this subject but I have kept this short and sweet so it can be read by all and I have faith and trust in the Lord’s voice within you to teach you all you need to know!


To be Double Minded or One


James 1:8 a doubleminded man, unstable in all his ways.
A double minded man is a man with two minds that seeks for balance but the only thing that is truly balanced is the single mind.

There is reality and there is what we think is reality and the two are not the same. Reality is what eternally is. So what really is eternally true? Oneness, connectedness of all things the non-two of everything, this is eternal truth. In the physical world ,that appears so divided, the truth is unity. Fear, frustration, worry, hate and division are manifestations of a mind not accepting the eternal unity that is. Because my mind sees what appears to be two I believe in what my physical eyes see over what eternally is. Our bodies are not eternal, from dust they came and to dust they shall return. Our minds are not eternal, from dust they came and to dust they shall return.

That which animates the body, that which we call life is eternal and it is this life that all beings share in. It is not many lives but one life that animates every physical body on this earth. This is why it makes no sense to say “I hate the life in that person but I love it in this person” – there is only one life. To awaken is to see the reality of that one life and to live in the truth of that reality, this is how a physical mind can be renewed in the light of truth. Life imprisoned by a mind in the darkness of division is a life unrealized and unfulfilled. As the left hand does not say to the right hand I have no need of you, so no one can say to his neighbor “I have no need of you”. If the attitude of our hands was I am not one with you and have no need of you how difficult would it make our life on this earth? If this is the attitude of people toward each other what a difficult task it would be to get anything done (this is the curse) .

To believe in a savior, calling or mission does not alleviate or free your life into the oneness that is unless you yourself see the reality of that oneness. Religions have often mistaken mission for identity and used this as a reason for separation from others. Its disheartening to hear that “To love your neighbor as yourself” is often read as a command or goal and not a revelation that your neighbor is you.

Its not so much about what you believe is its more like

“Do you see what really is”

. Do you have eyes that see or eyes hidden behind the veil of divided flesh. Before Jesus was taken to the cross the gospel of John records a pray his disciples could hear and part of what he prayed was “that they may all be one”. Many read this to be a prayer about becoming one but it is my belief that this was not Jesus asking the Father to make them one in the future but simply to open their eyes to the reality of the oneness that all life shares. It was the mission of Jesus to destroy all perceived divisions not only between God and man but between man and man and man and creation so that all can share in the freedom that comes from the destruction of division through the revelation of Oneness.

God is One and all his children are One. This is love, that a man sees and lives his life One with everyone, not because he should, but because it is what is real and eternally true.


Something I Miss

Something I Miss

The past 22 years have been quite an adventure for both my wife and I. We left the church we had known and been raised in and went on an adventure to find something higher or something more. During these years, we have been involved with 10 different churches or groups for an extended period of time. Each group having its own style, doctrine, traditions and focus. I can honestly say that we have learned something valuable from each group we have been a part of. As of now, we are part of a Filipino Christian and Missionary Alliance Church that we have been attending for the past seven months. Very nice group of friendly, hospitable people that love potlucks (a big thumbs up in my opinion). We also are a part of a Mystery School that meets once a month on a Saturday for about 7 to 8 hours. The Mystery School is a 12 session school taught by Christopher and Yolanda who are a very wonderful couple that Vina and I feel share the same heart that we have for Christ, people, and the world in general. The School has been an excellent opportunity for exposure to ideas, history, science and others forms of Christ that I was unfamiliar with. Christopher’s style of teaching is great without legalism and yet he has authority that comes from his experience with the things he teaches us. The school will be coming to an end in the next two months and we will be onto something new. One of the main ideas or truths Christopher constantly is reminding us of is the simple words of Jesus which is to

“seek first the kingdom of God or Heaven”

. These few words are simple but expose a tremendous dimension if you see it. The Kingdom of God is within you Lk.17:20-21 and Matthew 5:3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. – I am going to consider the the Kingdom of God and Heaven are the same for the purpose of this blog – The word Heaven means both the abode of God and Expanse (TWB 2407). Consider this, the Universe, God, Heaven are all ever expanding and it is this constant expansion that is happening right within us. Growth in Christ is not only inevitable, it is eternal. It is not a stagnate well that Jesus talked to the women at the well about – it is not a finite kingdom of God that is within us but and ever-expanding Christ that we are called to be conscious of, draw from and express on this earth. This eternal ever-expanding Christ within us can be called Christ Consciousness.
But, back to the point – Because of these 22 years, today I was reflecting on what I really treasure or miss, and I think I might try to put into words what that is. When I hear someone share something real, something that comes from their heart … (and what I mean by heart is that place inside of you where Christ is enthroned – the heart then is the mercy-seat of divine unconditional love. The ability to express the heart of Christ and the ability to hear that expression with “ears that hear” takes the functioning of Christ Consciousness within you. It is this interaction of speaking and hearing that is the true communion or re-member-ing of Christ i.e. joining the ears and mouth to the head and heart) … it is this type of communion with a group of people that I miss. So much of what is called “fellowship” today is simply from the head, sharing information about God, the Bible, history or your work, but the sharing that comes from the fountain deep within oneself, I have found to be a rare and treasured experience. Heart communion and Head fellowship are not the same thing. I am not saying that one is right and one is wrong. Head fellowship does have its place – mentally learning things is a good thing but I have found that it does not give you the same satisfaction that the things that come from the well within bring. Heart words that people have shared have caused me to be conscious of another dimension of Christ that I had previously not been aware of. And like a drink of cool sweet tea on a hot day, I am refreshed and enjoy the new view given me by a sister or a brother in that moment. Heart words are like pearls created from deep within ones heart – the Love that is Christ not removing but encompassing an irritation and then bringing forth the pearl for all to see and appreciate what Christ within hath created from that irritation (Matt.13:45-46). Oh that I be not a pig, unconscious to the pearls brought forth by others (Matt.7:6). I long to see and hear of the pearls of my brothers and sisters and not just hear puffy leaven stuff that looks like it should be so much more than it really is (1Cor. 8:1).


Do you live following Love or Law?


Recently I heard a classic message out of the book of Malachi. Mal.3:8 “Will a man rob God? Yet you are robbing Me!” You ask: “How do we rob You?” “[By not making the payments] of 10 percent and the contributions. The importance of tithing! The fact that the Church needs money to pay the bills and the ministers is a given but should we use Mal. 3:8 to support the need to give 10% of your money to the church?

Is tithing a law we should follow?
Should we pick and choose what Old Testament laws to follow and which ones we won’t?
Deut 21:18-21 “If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father or mother….. bring him to the elders of his city, to the gate of his hometown. ….Then all the men of his city will stone him to death……
Most just ignore this Biblical Law, but not all.

Paul wrote: For sin will not rule over you, because you are not under law but under grace. Rom.6:14

So what does it mean to be under Grace and not the Law?

I believe it has something to do with the “Why” we do things and not the “What” we do.

As Paul wrote: So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy and just and good. Rom.7:12

There is Law that is placed upon us and law that is discovered within us.

As Paul wrote: For in my inner self I joyfully agree with God’s law. Rom.7:22

Following laws like tithing, honoring thy Father and Mother, Being faithful to your spouse, not committing adultery – is not what the message of Jesus.

Jesus said: But I tell you, everyone who looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Matt.5:28

Simply not breaking the law is not what life is all about. Spirit Life is lived from the heart not the brain. Laws are brain things – The work of Christ is within the heart of man

Jer.24:7 I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the LORD. They will be My people, and I will be their God because they will return to Me with all their heart.

Heb 8:10 “But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” says the Lord: “I will put My laws into their minds, and I will write them on their hearts, ….

Prov.23:7 7 For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. “ Eat and drink!” he says to you, But his heart is not with you.

Am I saying the law is bad? No. What I am saying is that the law is descriptive not directive. The law was not given for you to follow but for you to read and then discover these realities within your own heart. Its within your heart that Christ has hidden these things and they are meant to be discovered and lived out because they come from the depth of your being, they come from Spirit. The laws are not meant to be read and obeyed like a traffic sign would be.

Paul said in writing his first letter: I only want to learn this from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now going to be made complete by the flesh? Gal.3:2-3
Paul calls works of the law “The Flesh” When Paul speaks of the flesh he is speaking of things external or things not coming from within your own spirit. The Galatians were being told to have the men circumcised because the Bible commanded it. Gen.17:14 If any male is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin, that man will be cut off from his people; he has broken My covenant.”

Paul makes clear the difference between Law and Love –
For a person is not a Jew who is one outwardly, and [true] circumcision is not something visible in the flesh. On the contrary, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is of the heart—by the Spirit, not the letter. His praise is not from men but from God. Rom.2:28-29

The outward following the letter of the law has nothing to do with God –

True union with God is in Spirit expressed in Love.

DO IT BECAUSE YOU (your heart) WANTS TO NOT BECAUSE YOU (your mind thinks [ego]) ARE SUPPOSED TO!

To give out of the abundance of your heart is a joy and gift to God. To give because you think you are supposed to or you have been guilted into it is the true robbing of God.
How is that robbing God?
When you discover God within your heart you discover that you and the giver are one. From that revelation you give, not because you are supposed to, but because it is who you are. You don’t give to prove something your giving displays your real self. Following the Law takes that away – Law is then lifted up replacing Christ. The Law was meant to point us to God not be our God – The Spirit of Anti-Christ is that which replaces Christ, don’t let the law be that to you.

Who knows the difference between the giving of the widow and the rich man? – they do. Only you and God know why you do what you do, but isn’t that enough. Are your actions coming from a heart overflowing with the discovery of the Love of God buried deep within your being or are they the actions of a man leaning on his own understanding of what the Bible says is the right and godly thing to do. Again, only you and God know.


Naked Relationships



What is a “Naked Relationship”?
It is a relationship where there is no fear of the destruction of that relationship because of something you might say, do or think. In other words it is a relationship based on unconditional love i.e. God’s love. A Naked Relationship with another human being is impossible without God. The very foundation of a naked relationship is the triune nature of it, Adam-Eve-God. The denial of any aspect of our being is a denial of our very being.

The vast majority of human relationships are mental and materially based. They are mental because they incorporate your belief systems, what you like or dislike, what you judge to be good and evil. They are material because they are based on physical connections such as a brother or sister, Mother or Father.
In order to move beyond materially based relationships we must begin to know ourselves. There can be no knowing of ourselves without knowing God who is the source of all life.
Knowing God is not knowing an image of Him but to know Him as He is right here and now. To often we look to past expressions or images of God and miss what God is right here and now. Paul talked about this very thing when he wrote: From now on, then, we do not know anyone in a purely human way. Even if we have known Christ in a purely human way, yet now we no longer know Him like that. Therefore if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation; old things have passed away, and look, new things have come. 2Cor.5:16-17 (HCSB)

It is often man’s way to judge things according to their belief systems instead of what is. Jesus pointed this out in his parable about the good Samaritan. He asks the question: “Which of these three do you think proved to be a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of the robbers?” “The one who showed mercy to him,” he said. Lk. 10:36-37 (HCSB)
It was the Jews who pre-judged the Samaritan as a sinner because of their understanding of God’s laws. Their belief system kept them from seeing what was true in the here and now. Jesus was trying to open their eyes to what was through his story.

Almost of all Jesus parables do this exact thing – remove you from your belief system and place you in the here and now to see love.

God is Love and man who Loves is born of God! 1Jn.4:7-8 You see love you see God!!!!!!

Strong adherence to a belief system can blind us to what really is.

We will choose our belief system over love in other words we will choose our image of God over God Himself.

This exact fact was demonstrated in the life of Jesus on earth. It was the Jews who choose their understanding of the Laws of Moses over the Life of love Jesus lived before them. If we are ever able to live naked and unashamed we must not be ones who hold on too tight to our understandings of God, doctrines and belief’s. As the scriptures say: Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways,
and He will guide you on the right paths. Prov.3:5

There is a difference between relying on your own understanding and meditating on the Lord as you walk daily in your life. One comes from a remembering of the past the other is found within us in the moment of need. One from Law the other from the Spirit of Love.

A Belief system is like clothing we put on. We think it looks good? We trick ourselves into believing that it defines us. Two Christians meet and often one of the first conversations might go like this: “Where do you go to church? I go to First Baptist, Oh your Baptist I am a Methodist.” What does that do except bring about separation. No one is a Baptist or Methodist – at best these are words to describe a belief system you adhere to or at least try to appear that you adhere to. We do this because we don’t think Christ is enough. For a church or a people to say I am of Christ is not good enough. For someone to show love is not good enough, I need to know what you say you believe. I need to know that you cloth yourself with the same rags I use (Isa.64:6).

Paul wrote in the very first letter of the NT: There is no Jew or Greek, slave or free, male or female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Gal.3:28 (HCSB)
In Genesis we find recorded: This is why a man leaves his father and mother and bonds with his wife, and they become one flesh. Both the man and his wife were naked, yet felt no shame. Gen.2:24-25 (HCSB)

When there is only one there is no shame to be just as you are, no need to add anything. It is to look through the material world and see what is. What is? An eternal spirit manifested in many forms but still only one spirit. This is how two are one and how Christ brought about peace. In doing away with the law (the belief system) the Jews would be able to love the Samaritan and see them as they are, children of God just like the Jews. No longer to be judged according to the fleshly laws, (there clothing) but to be accepted just as they are.
For He is our peace, who made both groups one and tore down the dividing wall of hostility. In His flesh, He did away with the law of the commandments in regulations, so that He might create in Himself one new man from the two, resulting in peace. [He did this so] that He might reconcile both to God in one body through the cross and put the hostility to death by it. Eph.2:14-16 (HCSB)

How many laws or belief’s of yours to you put on others?
Do you accept people who don’t believe like you?
Do you allow others to explore in ways you don’t think is right and proper?
Can people tell you things without fear of you judging them?

The other day a sister shared with me in private a book she was reading. She shared it in private because she knew that if some of her friends found out that they would judge her.
It was the Pharisees named Nicodemus that came to Jesus at Night (Jn.3:1-21) so that none of the other Pharisees would know.

Can you be Naked with the group of Christians you meet with?
Or, Like Nicodemus, do you seek out and explore Christ in the middle of the night where none of your friends can see you?
Nicodemus was not wrong, he was seeking truth. He knew that if he did it in the open he would be persecuted by those who claimed to love God and follow his ways.
Do the people you gather together with unconditionally love you i.e. love you with God’s love? Or do they like you because they think you are like them in your belief system, your clothing?
Its a little odd that in today’s Christian Church in order to be considered a member you must agree on certain beliefs, that Christ’s acceptance of you and your expressed love for Him is not enough.

Do you have “Naked Relationships?” if you don’t you will never know intimacy or experience the joy of oneness.
The first step is to follow the words of Jesus when he said “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.” Lk.6:37 (HCSB)

Are Christians like Jesus or the Religious Jews?

Then the elders and pastors brought a woman caught in adultery, making her stand in the center. “Teacher,” they said to Him, “this woman was caught in the act of committing adultery. The Bible says: (Matt.5:27-29 “You have heard that it was said, Do not commit adultery. But I tell you, everyone who looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. … For it is better that you lose one of the parts of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.) So what do You say, is she going to hell?” They asked this to trap Him, in order that they might have evidence to accuse Him. Jesus stooped down and started writing on the ground with His finger. When they persisted in questioning Him, He stood up and said to them, “The one without sin among you should be the first to throw her into hell.” Then He stooped down again and continued writing on the ground. When they heard this, they left one by one, starting with the older men. Only He was left, with the woman in the center. When Jesus stood up, He said to her, ” Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” “No one, Lord,” she answered. “Neither do I condemn you,” said Jesus. “Go, and from now on do not sin any more.”Jn.8:3-11 in today’s language.

This was a woman caught in the very act of adultery, she was probably brought to crowd naked and yet Jesus accepted her as she was, he did not need to know what she believed, or if she was guilty or not – he did not judge her or condemn her he simply forgave her without her even asking.

If we cannot accept others exactly as they are do we really believe that God accepts us as we are? If we can’t accept others nakedness it means we can’t accept our own. We like Adam and Eve before find the leaves of belief’s (the knowledge of good and evil) to cloth ourselves rejecting both the message and blood of Jesus Christ.
Can you be naked, unashamed and intimate with God and all your brothers and sisters?

Do you have or want Naked Relationships?